Audio Triggering + Mouse Event latency

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Nov 12 11:10:38 EST 2010

Anthony-

First of all, welcome to the list community. You've gone farther down
this road than I have, so I don't think I'll have any useful comments
on latency for you...

> So, I'm wondering if an area that is harder for me to test is
> perhaps the issue:  the internal latency of the MouseDown event
> listener in LiveCode and the LiveCode runtime.

You might try putting the milliseconds into a variable on mouseDown,
then comparing that with the milliseconds count after the send or play
command.

> Any thoughts / experience round the table?

What hardware are you running this on? Are you using QuickTime? Have
you tried fiddling with the QuickTime properties (the qtIdleRate, the
dontUseQT)?

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net