Environment variable displayed in the debugger

Thierry th.douez at sunnyrevtalk.com
Fri Nov 12 02:54:27 EST 2010

Le 12 nov. 2010 à 00:14, James Hurley a écrit :

> I just upgraded to 4.5.1 and was surprised to find that the environment variables ($LOGNAME, $SHELL, $PATH etc.) still show up in the debugger ahead of the script variables.
>
> I had assumed that that was something that going to be changed back to the practice employed in 4.0 where they were not shown.
>
> Am I missing something? Is there a setting that will make these go away?

Hi James,

If you feel so, you can do that on your own.

Try out this simple script :

on mouseUp
   local G
   put the globals into G
   replace comma with return in G
   filter G without "$*"
   put G
end mouseUp

Then go for the revdebugger.rev stack and open the stack script.

Look for the function below around  line 223 :

# Returns
#   A list of the globals with valid names. I.e not the ones with (x86) in them on Vista 64bit.
function revDebuggerValidGlobalNames

And there operate on  the globals as shown above

And last, probably better to make a copy of your LiveCode App before starting :)

Regards,
Thierry