Creative Common Copyright Notice in Standalones

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Nov 10 21:18:49 EST 2010

Sivakatirswami-

> Exactly where and how do I put a creative commons license into a stack
> (normally you enter such in the standalone builder) and which creative
> commons license do I use and how do you implement it. Do you copy the
> whole license to an "About" substack" or just have a link to the online
> Creative Commons License.

(disclaimer: the Creative Commons License rather explicitly states
that it shouldn't be used for software, but that's what I use anyway
because it comes the closest to exactly what I want my licensing to
say for an open source project)

What I do is create a custom property and file the license away in it:

put "This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5
License. To view a copy of this license, visit
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/ or send a letter to
Creative Commons, 543 Howard Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco,
California, 94105, USA." into tCCLicense

set the uRIP["EULA"] of this stack to tCCLicense

then you can grab it from the custom property and display it however
you want:

put the uRIP["EULA"] of this stack into field "License"

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net