slash and backslash in effective filename - why?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Nov 10 06:04:24 EST 2010

Hi all,

LiveCode 4.5.1, Win 7

I have two stacks, a main stack and a second stack as a separate stack file
where I switch to by go to stack.

In both preopenstack handlers I create some working pathes by extracting
items out of my effective filename. To handle the items I have to set the
itemdel to slash.

>From now to then while testing some other features suddenly I didn't got any
pathes returned anymore, because of the itemdel slash.

When asking for the effective filename of this stack, I get in the first
stack a path with slashes and in the second stack with backslashes and
therefore the items of my effective filename where empty.

I tested with Rev 3.5, because I thought it has something to do with
LiveCode but the path in my second stack contains also backslashes - BUT
nevertheless the delimeter slash works and it returns chunks of my path.
Then I created two new empty stacks, jumped with go from one to another, but
got slash pathes on both stacks.

My workaround now is to set the itemdel to backslash on windows, but this
can't be the straight way, because the last years it worked with slash as
itemdel on both systems.

Has anybody encountered this behavior or has an idea what may cause this
behavior?

Thanks

Tiemo