Indenting Challenge

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Nov 9 16:16:05 EST 2010

>> And the thing that really makes this difficult is the fact that the text
>> needs to be directly editable by users (cannot be in a locked field).
>>
>> Any suggestions on how I might tackle this?
>
> Can it be restricted to only editing one bullet at a time, or does the user
> need the ability to click in one bullet's text and drag up or down and
> select the text from other bullets as well?
>
> The reason I ask is that you might be able to get away with a highly
> customized datagrid - since each "row" is its own field, you could apply the
> margins/indents you want - plus you could have the expand/collapse toggle
> available as well. I haven't done this myself, but maybe it's a possible
> direction to try.

I vote for this one. Each row of the datagrid would become a paragraph and you could apply styles, indents, whatever you want. You would just need to implement row creation on returnInField with indent inherited from the current row, resizing on keyup and support arrowkeying between the end of the text in one row and the start of the text in the next.

Cheers

Monte