Indenting Challenge

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Nov 9 13:14:32 EST 2010

> And the thing that really makes this difficult is the fact that the text
> needs to be directly editable by users (cannot be in a locked field).
>
> Any suggestions on how I might tackle this?

Can it be restricted to only editing one bullet at a time, or does the user
need the ability to click in one bullet's text and drag up or down and
select the text from other bullets as well?

The reason I ask is that you might be able to get away with a highly
customized datagrid - since each "row" is its own field, you could apply the
margins/indents you want - plus you could have the expand/collapse toggle
available as well. I haven't done this myself, but maybe it's a possible
direction to try.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com