Method question

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 13:48:20 EST 2010

I have a problem which I am not certain which method is valid or should be
used (with Rev / Livecode there are sometimes too many ways of achieving a
goal).

I have a graphic on a card left 62 right 462.

My objective is to allow a user to left click and drag across the graphic as
if selecting a section of it.

I need start left,top,right,bottom and end left,top,right,bottom.

The only interest is knowing the start of the drag when inside the graphic
and the end of the drag inside the graphic... with the following caveats.

   - The user may start the drag either outside the graphic and then
   continue the drag into the graphic (which is the start point) or start the
   drag inside the graphic which would be the start point.
   - The user may release the mouse button inside the graphic which
   indicates the stop point or release the mouse button outside the graphic
   where the stop point is at the point of the mouse leaving the graphic.

This seems like it should be simple but I am getting tied down but trying to
over complicate it?

This is for Windows and Linux .

Any elegant or simple solutions out there?