Beachball cursor Help

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Nov 9 12:47:52 EST 2010

On Nov 9, 2010, at 10:33 AM, Peter Brigham MD wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2010, at 10:47 AM, Devin Asay wrote:
>
>> So it seems like you could just set the cursor to the image id of
>> your choosing, and increment it in a repeat loop, just like 'set
>> cursor to busy'. Not tested:
>>
>> put 67890,67891,67892,67893,67894,67895,67896,67897 into tAnimCursor
>> repeat with i = 1 to 100
>> put item i wrap (the number of items in tAnimCursor) of tAnimCursor
>> into tCurrentCursor
>> set the cursor to tCurrentCursor
>> wait 10
>> end repeat
>>
>> Seems like this ought to work.
>
> Well, OK, but I went ahead and used the http://ajaxload.info/ site to
> download a great animated GIF cursor. So what do I do with that to
> extract the individual images and list them separately in a loop? It
> does seem that setting a cursor to an animated GIF ought to work out
> of the box the way setting a button icon to an animated GIF does....
> But if there's a workaround for cursors I'd settle for that for now.

If you open an animated GIF in Preview on OS X it should show each frame separately. You could save each frame separately, then import them all into rev, give them consecutive IDs and use a routine similar to the one above (or the one Richard G. posted) and it ought to work.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University