Pasting text to and from other programs

dfepstein at comcast.net dfepstein at comcast.net
Mon Nov 8 12:19:50 EST 2010

Does someone understand the various hitches that arise when copying styled text between Rev and other programs?

On a Windows XP PC, I copy some text from MS Outlook. When I paste it into a Rev field, the apostrophes are missing.

If I copy from MS Outlook, paste into Notepad, then copy from Notepad and paste into a field, the aprostrophes are preserved.

>From a Rev field, I copy some text. When I paste it into an MS Word document, the tab characters become underline characters.

I should say that my copy and paste routines in Rev are scripted using the "htmlText", setting and getting the clipBoardData["html"].

Many thanks for any diagnoses or remedies.

David Epstein