alerts

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Mon Nov 8 01:24:25 EST 2010

Hi Craig,

Forget the part about not knowing when a save is done... I'm a little tired
at the moment but did figure it out.

I have code that says:

on mouseUp
   save this stack
end mouseUp

Pretty simple. But there is no visible indication to the user in my stack
that anything happened. So what I want to do is:

on mouseUp
   -- show a dialog saying we're saving now... (sort of like what runrev
itself does when you do cmd-S)
   save this stack
   -- dismiss the dialog
end mouseUp

BUT, the only dialogs I have found in runrev are ask or answer, both of
which require the user to dismiss them. How do you do an information only
dialog (or is it an alert?) that does not require user intervention?

PS which reminds me, is there anyway to see how the IDE itself was
implemented? (i'd go look at the code for the IDE's save command). I've
heard or read that it is possible to do that but haven;t discovered how.

Thanks again,

-- Mark