How do you program a save dialog when no changes in the file has been made?

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sun Nov 7 18:10:56 EST 2010

you need to set a flag, for example, if this would be in a text editor, i'd set a "dirty" flag on  rawkeydown of the main text entry field, and then when the stack  (window) is closed i'd check for that flag:

--in the field
on rawkeydown theKey
  set the dirty of me to true
  pass rawkeydown
end rawkeydown

--in the stack
on openstack
  set the dirty of field "text" to false
end openstack

on closestackrequest
  if the dirty of field "text" then
    -- do the save dialog here
  else
    pass closestackrequest
  end if
end closestackrequest

note: this is a simplified example, and does not cover all real life possibilities

--

official ChatRev page:
http://bjoernke.com?target=chatrev

Chat with other RunRev developers: