Slow Performance - Update

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sat Nov 6 19:23:01 EDT 2010

I guess I was too hasty in accusing LiveCode 4.5 of performance
issues!  I rebuilt my application using Rev Studio 4.0 using the same
code base and the performance issues are still there in the standalone.

So the issue now is that the problem doesn't occur in the IDE, only in
the standalone and I don't see any code that distinguishes between the
two environments.  I've isolated the problem down to some code that
loads entries into option menus by querying my SQLite database.  I've
checked the timing of the SQLite query and nothing seems awry there.

Does anyone have any tips on how to debug something like this in a
standalone without using a large number of "answer information"
statements or any tips on things that work fine in the IDE but perform
slowly in a standalone?  The only major code change I can think of is
that I am using the long name of various controls and I used to use
the unique ID, but once again why would that cause a problem in a
standalone and not in the IDE.

Any suggestions most welcome!

Pete Haworth