Painfully slow performance

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sat Nov 6 14:30:54 EDT 2010

I just built my first standalone with LiveCode 4.5 (on OSX) and I'm
seeing painfully slow performance compared to the same application
built with 4.0.

I'm using an SQLite database to populate all the data on the cards in
the app, not sure if there's some problem with the SQLite side of
things.  Only other thing I can think of is that I am using several
front scripts.  Opening a card used to be almost instantaneous, now
it's taking 30-45 seconds.  Bringing up the data for a different
SQLite row used to be instantaneous, now takes 10 seconds or so.  This
is consistant across all the cards that handle data fro any table in
my SQLite database.

The 4.0 standalone still works just fine using the same database.

Any ideas?

Pete Haworth