delete chunk.

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 13:54:16 EDT 2010

It helps if I think of it that way but in the case of empty items in the
middle of a line it doesn't behave that way. Still terminates nothing, but
is counted as an item.

Despite all the conversation, I've never really run into it as a problem
except when I was playing with merge one day.  Had a string like
"[[item1]],[[item2]],[[item3]]" and would merge it, and was lost when some
of my items were empty, and "the number of items" would return different
values based on which item was empty.  Real confusing for a newbie when you
can do "if item 2 is empty then.. but not "if the last item is empty" when
you expect there to be 3 items. The way it works currently, you can never
check to see if the last item is empty because it never can be.  If it is,
it will check the next one to the left instead.

I just changed how I do things so it's not a big deal.  I got curious one
day and did some tests.  Building a long list (multi row/column) by looping
and using put "something" into item # line # of tListImMaking was
horrendously slow when compared to put whateveritemsyouneedonthisline &
return after tListImMaking, and then truncating the last return, so that
eliminated a percentage of the things I was attempting and shoved me down
different roads.