Which messages are sent to a datagrid on opencard?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Nov 3 08:51:33 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Malte Brill <revolution at derbrill.de> wrote:

> I have a rather complex stack that needs quite a few datagrids on a card.
> Now when said card is opened it is noticeably laggy. I guess this is due to
> the messages that are sent to the datagrids on (pre)opencard. PreopenControl
> or something the like?  If I remove the dgs, or lock messages before going
> to the card, everything is speedy. Now I wonder: Can I lock messages before
> going to said card and avoid the lagging and still being able to populate
> may data?

Malte,

zryip is correct in that the Data Grid will be initialized later on if
preopenControl is never received. If you want to see exactly what is going
on check out the private command _Initialize in the script of btn "Data
Grid" of stack "revdatagridlibrary".

Given that persistent data is set to false and you don't have any data in
the grids then I think the most time intensive operation would be when the
table columns are created in the call to _table.CreateColumns.

You could experiment with commenting out some of the code in _Initialize to
determine where the bottle neck is. If you can locate it then perhaps we can
determine how to address the speed issue.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems