a weird thing about registration, Linux

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:06:07 EDT 2010

Well now i'm curious.  If you su, then cd ~
then pwd, it doesn't switch you to the root home account?

I just setup dsl in a virtual machine and tried it, the home directory
changes to match root when su'd. not su -.  If nothing else, check
your system variables, for me, after su, my HOME variable is changed
to /root (thats where it is on DSL)

I wonder, if you set things up so you can sudo livecode can you then
update? I did a check on osx, if I do this.
sudo cd ~;pwd
it retains my home folder.  I don't have sudo configured on my virtual
machine so can't test there, but if it behaves the same then sudo
livecode should run it with elevated permissions allowing the update
to go forward.  I think.