a weird thing about registration, Linux

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 12:53:50 EDT 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Peter Alcibiades
<palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Has anyone else had this?
>
> I installed and registered my 4.5 copy.  Works fine.  Now, I want to update
> the Slug's package.  It won't let me, most likely because its installed the
> app in /opt and as user I have no write privileges there.
>
> OK, no problem, become root with the root environment, fire up LC.  Asks me
> to register!
>
> Think, OK, maybe this is due to having the root environment, so just do su.
> Same thing.
>
> OK, maybe this is something to do with root or root privileges, so log out,
> log on as another account.  Same thing.
>
> This is weird.  The only point of installing in /opt as opposed to
> /home/user would be to let all accounts have access to the app in a multi
> account environment, but it seems in some way to be restricting use of the
> app to just one account?  Cannot be, surely?
>
> I can always do it manually, download the package, delete the existing plug
> in, so that's not a problem.  The problem is if registration is restricting
> to just one account on a machine.  To be clear, no-one else uses Rev on my
> machine, but for various reasons I do use multiple accounts on the same
> machine myself and can't see why I should have to register not only by
> machine, but by account.  Anyone else getting this?
>
> Peter

Peter,

I suppose that the solution I replied in the other thread will not
working for multi-accounts.
For a single user all seems working as expected. I have no problem
with the LC license. I'm assuming the license is probably stored
somewhere and linked to the account the application is opened.

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc