[OT] Browsing the internet... It is safer from Linux?

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Mon Nov 1 08:15:31 EDT 2010

Hello All,

While i develop all my stuff under OSX and deploy mainly on Linux or OSX, i have to deploy some kind of AI 24/7 calculation solutions under Win7 because, as anyone knows, the most usefull feature of win is that it runs twice faster as POSIX systems (no ixinetd,... services management, etc...).

At this point, those Win7 calculators are mainly protected by a Linux-based DSL router's firewall, Windows Defender and the GPL ClamWin AntiVirus (both always up to date). Is that a correct way to go or do i need to rely on a more advanced security plan/solution ?

TIA,

Best,

Pierre