Writing to the resource fork

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun May 30 16:54:41 EDT 2010

Found it, Mark...
It does work.

One must CREATE a resource fork FIRST.

I was working with Sarah's *Resource Copier* stack, but it had no facility
to create a new fork in a virgin file, and in fact could not put resources
into a blank text file..

(many) years ago I remember running into difficulty with HC on this matter
at first. So I decided to create a single 'dummy' resource to get things
going. Here's the code that brought the text file to life as a resource
holder (run in the extended msg box) and using other parts set up in Sarah's
stack:

--
setResource(destinationFile,resourceType,[resID],[resName],flagsList,data)

put fld "Dest" of card id 1002 of stack "ResourceCopier" into tDest

put "This is a test text resource." into pData

get setResource(tDest,"TEXT",128,"ResourceCreator",RL,pData)

put it && the result  (to see errs)

I'm going add "CREATE RSRC FORK" button to my copy of Sarah's stack.

THis test was run on a Mac G5 with Leopard 10.5.8 and Rev 4.5.2