rev stacks on the iPad

Bill Ziegler billziegler at mac.com
Sun May 30 10:49:17 EDT 2010

I have tried to follow all the threads on revMobile and running rev
apps on the iPad.
My question may have already been answered but I missed it. I am an
assistive technology consultant in Pennsylvania and use runRev stacks
to support students with disabilities. Apple's locking out revMobile
is frustrating and disheartening. The iPad has a unique cool factor
with students who would otherwise shun a device for fear of looking
different. It could provide, when paired with runRev, a portable/
programmable environment allowing teachers to adapt curriculum on the
fly while the student is seated among their peers.

My question is this;
Is it possible to tether the iPad to a Mac or PC, using Bluetooth or
Wifi (not Internet), located in the same room. Essentially the iPad
would act as a touch interface AND display for the host computer,
respond with little delay and channel any audio through the iPad.

I don't have experience with ipad remote apps but have read that the
"logmein" app doesn't transmit audio to the iPad.

Thanks,
Bill

Sent from my iPad