Writing to the resource fork

Joe F. joef1 at mac.com
Fri May 28 22:58:56 EDT 2010

I don't know about all that. I just moved to snow leopard so I don't even know if I have a hex editor available.
If I open the file it looks empty; but I wouldn't know about resource fork reading on OS X, they all look like flat files to me.

Here's the script I used in a button that creates the file with 2 resources,then retrieves them to a field named "Notes":

on mouseUp

   -- Create file first
   put empty into URL "binfile:~/desktop/resource test.dat"
   get setResource("~/desktop/resource test.dat","TEXT",999,"Test","U","Hello World")
   get setResource("~/desktop/resource test.dat","MARK",999,"Test","U","Hello World2")
   put getResources("~/desktop/resource test.dat") into fld "Notes"
end mouseUp

Maybe they're not "real" resources; only some kind of special "rev" resources?