Writing to the resource fork

Thierry th.douez at gmail.com
Fri May 28 05:12:34 EDT 2010

Hi  Mark,

I just tried this in a Terminal :

TdzMacBook:~ tdz$ echo "WEWEWEE" > x.txt

TdzMacBook:~ tdz$ ls -l x.txt/rsrc
-rw-r--r--  1 tdz  staff  0 28 mai 11:08 x.txt/rsrc

TdzMacBook:~ tdz$ echo "ASDASDASDDADSASDASDASD" > x.txt/rsrc

TdzMacBook:~ tdz$ ls -l x*
-rw-r--r--@ 1 tdz  staff  8 28 mai 11:09 x.txt

TdzMacBook:~ tdz$ ls -l x.txt/rsrc
-rw-r--r--  1 tdz  staff  23 28 mai 11:09 x.txt/rsrc

TdzMacBook:~ tdz$ cat x.txt/rsrc
ASDASDASDDADSASDASDASD

TdzMacBook:~ tdz$ cat x.txt
WEWEWEE

If this is OK for you, you can use the shell() to do your job.

HTH.

Thierry