never ending scroll?

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Thu May 27 22:07:57 EDT 2010

Depend. I was joking.

There is a "rotate" concept that takes "abcd" and makes "bcda" and then
"cdab". When I say easy, I mean straightforward. Implementing in reality means
all sorts of fun and frustrating machinations to get it just the way you
want. But you seem to get that.

But it should be, er, easy to display rotated data at a certain rate in the
field. Just apprehend as needed.

Probably best implemented as a function:

on mouseStillDown
   put rotate(fld "yourField") into fld "yourField"
   wait a few ticks
end mouseStillDown

function rotate var
   put return & line 1 of var after var
   delete line 1 of var
   return var
end repeat

You need to do this backwards, as well, of course.

This is not tested at all. There is no way I will be the first to send you
a complete working script, as I am away from my computer, and you know what
kind of people monitor this list. Just wait an hour or so. But you really
should write this gadget yourself.

Craig Newman