[OT] Microsoft to announce Visual Studio for iPhone OS?

Tuviah Snyder tuvman at gmail.com
Thu May 27 14:31:08 EDT 2010

 I'll bet 500 dollars this won't happen.

As a long time professional windows and mac developer I'm infuriated by
these nonsense posts and hypothetical scenerios.

Its not true because

1. VS2010 is already released. It was in beta for many many months and then
delayed. MS doesn't just surprise developers with one more thing.

2. Do you have any freaking idea of the work it would take to get
objective-c and cocoa working in vs. And then MS will have to constantly
update with any Apple change.

3. MS is pushing managed languages.

4. how would you test an app..I'm sure MS wants to encourage developers to
buy Macs and iphones

5. why would MS spend all that effort trying to kick windows and windows
mobile 7 in the nuts. Wasn't vista and windows mobile bad enough.

6. No one seems to be paying attention to what steve says. A clear No means
no. He hates cross platform compilers. So if your dreaming of ways this
could be true that also means no silverlight.

But maybe I'm wrong and ballmer really wants to see if Bill has the guts to
fire him.  I should start a blog and say Santa and the easter bunny will be
at WWDC and see if that gets me on slashdot.

best,
Tuviah