[OT] Microsoft to announce Visual Studio for iPhone OS?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu May 27 01:42:48 EDT 2010

  On 27/05/2010 06:56, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> The weird world gets weirder:
>

>    Microsoft's Steve Ballmer to Present During WWDC 2010 Keynote?
>
>    Barrons  reports that one analyst is predicting that Microsoft
>    CEO Steve Ballmer will be part of Steve Jobs' WWDC Keynote
>    presentation.
>
>    According to Trip Chowdhry, an analyst with tiny Global Equities
>    Research, 7 minutes of Steve Jobs' keynote is allotted for
>    Microsoft. Microsoft will reportedly be talking about their
>    development tool Visual Studio 2010. The new version of Visual
>    Studio will reportedly allow developers to write native
>    applications for the iPhone, iPad and Mac OS.
>
> <http://www.macrumors.com/2010/05/26/microsofts-steve-ballmer-to-present-during-wwdc-2010-keynote/>

Or, the world gets 'smellier'.

Methinks Jobs had cut some sort of deal with Microsoft way before he
cocked a snook
at Adobe. The fast that ballmer will be presenting at the WWDC means
that Jobs is going
to get a slice of the pie from the version of Visual Studio for iPhone,
iPad et al, while
he would not have got a brass farthing from Adobe.

Or, maybe, the 2 Steves are in love; mind you, sharing a bed with an
iPhone and an iPad
could be a bit lumpy . . .   :)

Let's at least hope the new Visual Studio is 100 times better than the
awful MS Visual Basic 5
I had to learn at the University of Abertay: the only purpose that
served was to make me realise
how wonderful RunRev was by comparison!