Hard CASE: cracking the nut?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 26 16:42:23 EDT 2010

Marty Knapp wrote:
> I've been running into the 10-statement script limit issue myself. Is
> there a way to put a script into a field or custom property and execute
> it without a "do" command? If so, could someone offer an example? In my
> current scenario, speed is not a big issue.

That depends on what you need to do. If you need to create new scripts
with new functionality on the fly then you'll need to stay within the 10
line limit. But most of the time, you can substitute backscripts,
behaviors, or custom functions and handlers that accept passed
parameters to do whatever you need.

If you can say a little more about what you need to accomplish we can
probably help better. There's not much that really requires dynamic
scripting.

Post your dynamic script for us to look at, maybe?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com