Testing a DB connection

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed May 26 14:31:53 EDT 2010

Yes just check the result after making a call to the DB. I have found it useful to set up my data before opening a connection to a database, and then once I open it, I update all my data and close it right away. This way I know I have to open a connection just before updating any data, and I usually have a command or function I call that exit's to top after popping a dialog for the user's sake.

As others have posted, sqlYoga also has a method of reconnecting, but of course if the database is gone, it will still return an error, so you still have to handle it.

Bob