Happy Geek Pride Day (OT)

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue May 25 16:29:49 EDT 2010

  On 25/05/2010 23:22, David C. wrote:
>> Now that's funny; in my dictionary a geek is a person
>> who works in travelling circuses by biting the heads of live chickens:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geek
>>
> > From the wikipedia link:
> "Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a
> wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live
> chicken, bat, snake or bugs."
>
> Sounds much more like a '70's era rock band. ;-)

I think Ozzy Osbourne used to go in for that sort of thing when I was a
spotty
teenager (i.e. mid '70's);

Hey; do you remember when Alice Cooper faked his own guillotining
in Paris?

Ooooh; tooo late at night; reaching for my juju beads for a spot of
psychedelic meditation . . . .

Peter Sarstedt is singing "where's my semi-precious plastic Easter egg?"

Right on!

I dunno; right here there is a wild RunRev programmer who is
going spare over some of his own funny code (see earlier posting);

I think I'll just pop to the fridge and bite the head off a live . . . .
. carrot . . . :)