Editing Text Selections?

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Tue May 25 09:48:34 EDT 2010

I think I see what you are trying to achieve. But even if Rev supported
discontinuous selections in an editable field, how would you actually select
the various chunks? Normally, the current selection is released when you click
somewhere else in the field.

But if you did it by holding down the commandKey, which also generates a
mouseUp message, then couldn't you:

on mouseUp
    set the textstyle of the selectedChunk to "bold"
    storeHTMLTextSomeWhere
end mouseUp

I am interested to see how the multiple selections are actually made if
this is a new feature in an upcoming release. CommandKey as in a list field?

Craig Newman