Editing Text Selections?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon May 24 23:25:53 EDT 2010

Sorry for posting what I'm sure is a beaten-horse topic, but I feel like I'm
reinventing the wheel here and am under a deadline...

Since Rev is incapable of maintaining multiple text selections, is the
"proper" way to create a text editor (ie: select some text in a field, and
for example, set the size of the text using another field) to create an
artificial selection of the selected text?  In the list archives, I read the
technique of setting the backColor of the selected text so that it appears
to remain selected while focus changes to fields in the "editor".  Is this
the accepted way to go about setting up a text editor?

I'm asking because it's seems like a fragile arrangement, easy to generate
errors based on when text is actually selected versus when it's not.  I just
wanted to make sure that this is the right method to use before I go too far
in this direction.

Hope this makes sense -- thanks in advance for any
suggestions/confirmations/rejections.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director