Coming unstuck with standalones: a real head CASE

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon May 24 05:03:38 EDT 2010

  I have been working recently on a "teacher" version (wrongly called 'Pro')
of my Devawriter program for Sanskrit.

Feeling reasonably smug (Hey-Ho, pride comes before the fall) I sent
some standalones
labelled 'Beta' off, down the pipe, to my Beta testers; only to recieve
a fairly forthright
answer that the thing didn't work properly !!!!!

Cracked out the standalone, and it DIDN'T . . .  :(

Went back to the stack, and it DID . . .  the mystery thickens . . .

SO; what's going wonky???

A tediously long SWITCH routine;

on rawKeyDown RAWK
    set the useUnicode to true
    switch RAWK

------- buckets more CASE stuff here --------

case 101
             if the vis of group "CONZ" is true then
             send "mouseUp" to img "2327k"
             break
          else
             send "mouseUp" to img "f2310.png"
             break
             end if

------- buckets more CASE stuff here --------

  default
             pass rawKeyDown
         end switch
          --------
end rawKeyDown

In the stack, when the group "CONZ" is not visible the latter half of
the CASE statement 'fires',

In a standalone, when the "CONZ" is not visible the latter half of
the CASE statement DOESN'T WORK.

Poo, Poo, Poo!

Moronically speculative interlude.

Maybe standalones don't behave themselves re the VIS
of groups??????

Advice, recommendations, help gratefully received; Please, Please,
pretty Please!

Richmond Mathewson.