howto export a styled formated field to text file

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun May 23 12:02:55 EDT 2010

htmltext is the only way to fully save style information. Any more field
specs outside the limited range of the subset of htmltext (like
backgroundcolor, alignment, lineheight and all the other properties of a
field) have to be done in another way -    In some situations, I will add my
own "static attribute" tags to the htmltext in a way that they can be
recovered just before  setting the htmltext, then applied to the field:

<backgroundcolor=blue><textalign=center>

these are easily parsed property name and value pairs.

A nice feature of htmltext is that it silently ignores tags it doesn't
understand.