howto export a styled formated field to text file

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun May 23 12:01:53 EDT 2010

Pierre Sahores wrote:
> 1. : i'm able to apply style attribute to a field contents (example : in changing the title line style font, wight, etc...)
> 2. : i'm, then, able to save this styled field contents as HTMLText or RTFText and it's OK
>
> Question : is it a way to retrieve 1.- from 2.- (HTMLText or RTFText back to the initial styled attributes that i had applied to the field contents first) ?
>
> No direct way ?

I'm not clear on what is meant by "direct" in this context, but there's
a distinction between rtfText and htmlText which may be useful here:

RtfText represents a subset of field content attributes which are also
supported in the most basic RTF definitions (font, style, size, and a
few others).

HtmlText is designed to be the one method of reproducing a field's
contents with 100% fidelity for all engine-supported attributes.

Links, for example, are not supported in rtfText but are part of
htmlText, and anything else the engine lets you do with text in a field
will be included in htmlText, while only some of them are in rtfText.

I'm not sure if this will help with your specific task, but hopefully it
will.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World