Windows 7 question

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 23 06:52:32 EDT 2010

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

I wrote :

> I use : if the platform = "Win32" then  put line 1 of the volumes
> into xxxxx

which doesn't work on Windows 7 (gives me diskette "A:" ?????)

> In the face of this problem, how can I pick up the systems disk ID in
> a Windows 7 system ?

Mark Schonewille (off forum) came up with the best answer (I think),
not requiring a shell command.

       put item 1 of specialfolderpath("system") into xxxxx

and strip off the "/WINDOWS" text !

And this works for all Windows systems that I know.

Thanks Mark !

This post is just in case anybody else runs into the problem ....

- Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"