Monitor Shell Copy File Progress

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Sat May 22 22:34:33 EDT 2010

I bet you could use cURL for this, using the FILE protocol. Build your
curl command line with filenames formatted for curl; open it as a
process for read; read that process's output every 500 msecs or so to
get the progress info.

I'm on assignment in NZ right now so I don't have everything at my
fingertips. Josh Mellicker made me aware of curl a few months ago, and
Ken Ray may have made a rev library of it by now.  ;-)  Also Mark Smith
created a rev curl lib some time ago.

Food for thought...

Phil Davis