[SQL][On-Rev] Bulk import into PostgreSQL on On-Rev

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri May 21 08:07:22 EDT 2010

Folks,

I apologise, I post then depart for a couple of days and am unable to reply.
I don't mean to be rude.

Andre,

Yes it's a plain tab delimited text file so I'll follow your link and give
it a go. Thanks.

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> On-Rev is paying the fees to mySQL as a commercial venture, so the
> licensing restrictions have been satisfied. You ARE paying for mySQL use
> because you pay for On-Rev.

Well this is interesting. As far as I can tell mySQL is just an option
On-Rev offers, you are not charged more for using it, so what you are
suggesting is that all the On-Rev users who don't use dbs, and those who use
postgreSQL rather than mySQL are all subsidising the mySQL users.

Seems to me then that the claims that non-profits can use these dbs for free
are false. In fact it's probably worse than that, non-profits who don't even
use dbs at all, like individuals/clubs who might have a simple web page, are
subsidising commercial ventures that use mySQL.