Dynamic screen during application execution ?

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Fri May 21 06:54:36 EDT 2010

Hi Fabrice, quick answer yes Revolution is plenty fast enough to do this
sort of dynamic screen resizing based on the device. Here are a few tips:

   - Dynamic scaling or toggle to different presets? With the latter you can
   write script to simply take snapshots of their geometry and save them as a
   custom prop
   - Is it really any faster than creating distinct static interfaces? How
   generic are the components?
   - You may find that it is better to organise the project as stacks with
   views that can be resized using behaviors attached to groups. The main
   project stack would have your screen and the components would then be
   sub-stacks. Rev is fast enough to copy the components from one stack to
   another and redraw them for development.
   - When finished you can if needed remove the templates in the library
   substacks and keep the behaviors.

Be happy to show you how it works with a screen cast, and interested to see
what components you want as I've a few in my library that might serve as a
starting point?