Playing wav sound file in Linux in background?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 20 14:48:05 EDT 2010

John Patten wrote:

> Here's what i have:
>
> put the effective filename of current stack into theTargetPath
> set the itemDel to "/"
> delete last item of theTargetPath
> delete first item of theTargetPath
> put "/" & theTargetPath & "/recordings/" into theRecordingTarget
>
> convert the date && the long time to seconds
> put it into tFileNameRec
> put tFileNameRec into cd fld "audioFileName"
>
> send "mouseUp" to btn "Stop Recording" in 10 secs
> put "arecord -d 10 -fu8 -t wav" into tShellCmd
> put shell(tschellCmd&&theRecordingTarget&FilenameRec)
>
> This works fine when I'm in the editor (saves to the "recordings" folder),
 >but when I create a standalone the standalone saves the audio file as
 >"student" in the location of the directory that I select to build the
standalone.

I'm not sure what the "student" file name is all about, but when
creating your file path, don't remove the first item. Only remove or
append to the end of the path. That's assuming you want the Recordings
folder in the same folder with the standalone:

put the effective filename of current stack into theTargetPath
set the itemDel to "/"
put "recordings/" into last item of theTargetPath

Then make sure there really is a folder named "recordings" in the target
directory. If not, create it. Otherwise it won't work.

When running a standalone, the defaultfolder is the one containing the
standalone, and all files will be created there unless directed
somewhere else by a fully qualified file path.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com