HyperCard for the iPad

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Thu May 20 12:08:47 EDT 2010

On 20 May 2010 16:46, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>  I believe Apple would allow a HyperCard-like app for the iPhone/iPad only
>> if they could have complete assurances it would be available EXCLUSIVELY for
>> iPhone OS.
>>

> Kevin offered to do exactly that, and was still refused. It's in his blog
> post.

Yes he did - and I don't agree it is about exclusivity - it is about not
being locked into the lower common denominator. It is about the apps being
better on the iPad than they are on anything else - and the danger is that
the opposite would happen over time - as it has before with Apple based
software.

This still leaves space for open environments though - as an open
environment would not be outside of Apples control in the same way. There
may be other ways?