Cloud computing: scalable DB

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed May 19 14:47:33 EDT 2010

Warning, bad analogy on the way...

That's kind of like observing a truck full of loose boulders ready to fly out the back. Isn't that what trucks are for, carrying heavy loads?

Point being that yes, SQL is one means towards managing large amounts of tables, rows, data, etc -- but it still suffers if you throw just anything at it. Also I can just imagine maintaining the SQL for 1000 tables =).

Andre, you deserve a medal for keeping that thing alive (or a sanity check)...