Reading the HyperNext manual #1

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Tue May 18 20:35:47 EDT 2010

On May 18, 2010, at 6:36 PM, Judy Perry wrote:

> I'll say it again:  Because Scott Raney didn't want to do it.
>
> Judy
>
> On Tue, 18 May 2010, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>
>> Now how is it that a RAD developed by 1 person can manage
>> sound channels while . . . .  ?

That's right. It turns out to be non-trivial. When I was programming in C I wrote--ahem, I adapted--a cross-platform multi-channel sound library (for Mac OS 9 & Windows 95). It was exacting and confusing because the two platforms had very different approaches to sound production. A couple of years ago, I sat down to write an external for RunRev but ran out of both funds and time. If I had a month of paid vacation--and nothing better to do--I might tackle it again for the challenge, but if I really had a month's paid vacation I'd go to France instead!

Tereza Snyder
Califex Software, Inc.
<www.califexsoftware.com>