[ANN] NativeGeometry 2 OPEN BETA, the ultimate geometry manager for Revolution is here for free!

Damien Girard dam-pro.girard at laposte.net
Tue May 18 12:54:30 EDT 2010

Hello,

I will try to answer to all your questions :)

To answer to Jerome (in English):
> Bonne et mauvaise nouvelle !
>
> Avez-vous des précisions concernant la création d'applications
multilingues avec NativeGeometry 2.0 ?
> Vous indiquez que NativeSpeak 1.x ne va plus évoluer et vous mentionnez
NativeSpeak 2.0 ?

> Jérôme

> Good and bad news !
>
> Do you have any precisions about the multilingual application creation
with NativeGeometry 2.0 ?
> You told that NativeSpeak 1.x will not evolve and you say NativeSpeak 2.0
?

NativeGeometry 2.0 will must be used in order to have NativeSpeak 2.0
working properly, let me explain:
- In NativeSpeak 1.x, you were designing your application to be localized,
with the geometry manager and the localization manager. NativeSpeak 1.x was
developed for Revolution 2.2 originally, and there was not multi-dimensional
arrays and few other really cool stuff, that was why it was using xml
databases, the result was that it was working well, but was a bit hard to
use and to implement.

- In NativeSpeak 2.0 and NativeGeometry 2.0, you will design your
application with NativeGeometry 2.0, that is far far better than the
NativeSpeak 1.x geometry manager. Then, once your application has been
designed with NativeGeometry 2.0, NativeSpeak 2.0 will parse your stacks,
and with it you will generate languages files, then in your application you
will just have to load those languages files and voila, your application
will be multi-language!

The main advantage is that the localization process is far less more
intrusive than NativeSpeak 1.x, you develop your application in one and only
one language, then you localize.

> You told that NativeSpeak 1.x will not evolve and you say NativeSpeak 2.0
?

NativeSpeak 2.0 will be released, the release date is not planned, but I
will try to get it working as fast as possible.

---------------------------------

> I was actually going to BUY a license, even though you are still in Beta,
just to support what appears to be an excellent and much needed tool, but
alas, there is nothing in your storefront that allows me to do so. I noticed
that your screenshots are of a vista/win7 look. Just to be sure, may I
assume this will work with Macs as well as Windows?

Thanks Bob, I am glad to hear that :) I am seeing with my partner Runtime
Revolution Ltd to have NativeGeometry in the store, in few days it should be
ok.

About the screenshot, the application was developed for Windows, but it
should work like all our other products, like a charm :) If you notice any
problem on MacOS do not hesitate to report them to the bugtracker !

About the NativeGeometry 2.0 Zip package broken link, it should be fixed.

If you have more question, I will be pleased to answer !

Kind Regards,

Damien Girard
NativeSoft, France.
http://www.nativesoft.net