Playing wav sound file in Linux in background?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 18 07:39:02 EDT 2010

We need someone like Andre to help on this.  I have had a similar problem
with printing from the shell, the app prints, but if the shell command does
not complete, it hangs, so would like to know the answer to the general
question of how to get shell commands running in the background.  I suspect
you have to spin off the process to a separate stack, and call it from that
with the opening of the second stack (which could be invisible of course).
Then it will fire up and not affect the message flow in the first one.

But that's just a guess.  Andre could help us.  Andre?