revIgniter chat tutorial

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Mon May 17 17:35:18 EDT 2010

I've just worked my way through the chat tutorial, very handy as one
of my main uses is going to be pulling and pushing info to a DB!

Notes for anyone on the list following the tutorial:
- Make sure to replace all the EOT characters with spaces when copying
text from the web page (as others have mentioned).
- If using phpMyAdmin to create the test table, make sure that you
remove all the single-quote characters from the MySQL statement!

The results:
http://ijw.on-rev.com/ign/chat/

Ralf:
"As we don't want page redraws while sending new chat messages we use
Ajax requests and therefor load the Jquery library:" is missing an e
on the end of "therefor".

Thanks again,

Ian