[OT] Installing Linux fonts

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 17 13:02:05 EDT 2010

The link is maybe a bit old - it refers to Fedora 6, which was 2006, and we
are now on Fedora 12.  I think there is a problem with Debian based distros.
Mandriva, if I recall correctly, worked fine.  Your experience with being
refused install and then the font showing up anyway is very odd.

Still, the question would be, if gedit (say) can find it, why cannot Rev?
You can understand open office maybe being anomalous, but gedit and geany
(which is not packaged with hardly any distro from default install) to find
it, and Rev not, that's inexplicable.  Someone in Edinburgh must know the
answer to this, but we keep asking how Rev handles and finds fonts, and
answer comes there none.