Location of stack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 17 11:59:41 EDT 2010

Jeff Massung wrote:

> fixed.

I wouldn't mind that, of course, since it does come up often, but I'm
not sure what the answer would be. Menus work as expected on Windows and
Linux; we'd need a cross-platform way to implement them on Mac without
making the developer write branching code.

As far as I can see, the confusion comes from those who don't understand
the scrolling behavior. Once they get that, it falls into place. But if
there's an easier solution I'm sure RR would consider it. I just can't
think of any other way to implement it.

Perhaps menus should be independent objects? Then the engine could
manage them. There would still be issues with the space at the top of
the stack, where menus show on two platforms but not on the other. How
would you handle that?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com