Location of stack

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Mon May 17 10:54:58 EDT 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 2:42 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> Jeff Massung wrote:
>
>> Oh, please, RunRev gods working on the roadmap... can we *please* get this
>> fixed finally? Menus - like unicode - should "just work" out of the box.
>>

> I've never had much trouble with it, aside from the known bug where stacks
> with destroystack set don't always scroll correctly (I think that one is
> fixed for the next version but I can't remember.)

Just the mere fact that menu issues come up again, and again, and again on
these mailing lists and on the forums tells me that there is a problem. Just
because long-time users of Rev have gotten accustomed to working around
those issues doesn't mean they are no longer there.

I'm reminded of a time when I worked for a company that was bought out for
its technology. The buyers flew their "customers" in to show us how to use
their software so we could integrate some of their features into ours. I was
sitting in a meeting room with them, software running up on the projector
when the person running the meeting started going over all the toolbar
buttons explaining what they did.

In the middle of their explanation, they skipped two toolbar buttons and
continued. I interrupted to ask why those were skipped and asked what they
did. The reply I got floored me... "we don't click those, they crash the
program." I asked how long it had been like that and they answered "years."
No one even knew what they were supposed to do.

fixed.

Jeff M.