OT: Adobe's New Anti Apple Ads

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon May 17 03:13:37 EDT 2010

Alajandro,

I'm with you.

My perception is that Steve is now feverishly flogging the Apple employees
to even higher standards to ensure that 'he is right'. Whilst over at Adobe
they a extremely busy scheming how to get Flash in to all those disgruntle
ex-iPad/Phone developers hands and onto every 'other' mobile device.

To me, this is competition and competition is good, very good.

Unfortunately I do have another opinion though, which isn't so rosey. This
List is by far the most friendly and altruistic bunch of online folks I've
ever had the pleasure of stumbling across, yet even for such a fine bunch I
sensed (hopefully wrongly) some really really REALLY negative vibes over
this topic. Now again, I'm probably wrong, but if anyone on this List should
have expressed anger and frustration, it should have been Kevin, as I figure
he's the one whose lost the most - and added to early events one could
easily sum up that this is a horror year for Kevin. Yet to his credit he
posted to the List to keep everyone up to date on what had occurred and his
road map forward. No anger, no vitriol, no finger pointing, just business.

So, if the friendly people on this List can get all wobbly about what has
happened I can only assume that the unfriendly people who don't frequent
this List must be even more riled, probably completely lost the plot and are
now feverishly plotting revenge. Steve may not realise it, but he might have
just woken the sleeping giant - the hoards of twisted individuals who gain
pleasure from writing malicious code.

The worms are probably headed for Apple right now;-(