Another DataGrid Question

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Sun May 16 11:29:28 EDT 2010

Bonjour,

I searched for a solution in case you don't know the number of the line
I tested the following script (in a button) :

   local tIndex,tLineData,tName,tLine
    ------------
on mouseUp
    ask "Which symbol?"
    if the result is "cancel" then exit mouseUp
    put it into tSymbol
    dispatch "FindIndex" to grp "datagrid" with "Symbol",tSymbol
    put the result into tIndex
    if tIndex > 0 then
       put the dgDataOfIndex[tIndex] of grp "datagrid" into tLineData
       put tLineData["Securities"] into fld "fldResult" -- or into a
variable, or whatever else
    else
       answer "There is no such symbol"
    end if
end mouseUp

This might be done with FindLine and dgDataOfLine as well (instead of
FindIndex and dgDataOfIndex)

I tried to find a solution in case there might be several identical
"symbols" in column 2, but without any success! (yet ;--))

Thanks Joe, for the training :-))

Best regards from Grenoble

André