searching for a put that opens message box

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat May 15 13:10:37 EDT 2010

On May 15, 2010, at 9:58 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> The other thing to do is to make sure the line has no "into".

       or after, or before

Chipp Walters at Altuit had a utility that did this about 5 years ago.

You could use a RegEx Find in the stack to look at all the scripts.
I don't have time to do the RegEx string that would
   locate all   put
   ignore 'into'  'after'  'before'  on the same line
thus creating a short list of

--------------------------
A running detection technique could be -----------------

    if the message box is "string I keep seeing but cannot find" then
breakpoint

Moving this further up the processing order should be able to isolate
it for you.

> On May 15, 2010, at 9:42 AM, william humphrey <bill at bluewatermaritime.com
> > wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure it has only two words. I will try your suggestion
>> though. It
>> could be "put variable1 && variable2"
>> It sure teaches me to never do this again. Always explicitly call the
>> message box. I wish RunRev would remove the feature...

Compatibility with Hypercard will mean this feature will likely remain
for a long time.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas